This tutorial explains how to model BPMN 2.0 processes with using Activiti designer to use them in Liferay via Activiti Plugin.
Activiti is a Business Process Management (BPM) and workflow system supported BPMN 2.0 notation.
Liferay is one of the most popular solution for building corporate portals.
Activiti Plugin is a special plugin for Liferay developed by EmDev Limited and allowed to use Activiti as workflow Engine.
During this tutorial we will:
To follow this tutorial you will need:
- Have some expereince in working with Eclipse - since Activiti Designer works as Eclipse Plugin and this tutorial not covered questions like how to install Eclipse or how to install plugin into Eclipse;
- It is nice to have some expereince in Liferay - but not strongly required - I hope this tutorial explains well major step.
I hope this tutorial will be interesting for people:
- Who has expereince in Acitiviti (or BPMN 2.0 modelling in general) to see how it may be used in some system like Liferay;
- Who has expereince in Liferay to see how it is possible to use BPMN 2.0 workflow engine instead of default Kaleo;
- For people who hasn't expereince neiver in Activiti nor in Liferay but wanted to see how Workflows may be used in CMS system.